Welcome to Kamehameha Toastmasters of Honolulu, Hawaii…
Toastmasters was founded in 1924, for the purpose of “affording practice and training in the art of public speaking and in presiding over meetings, and to promote sociability and good fellowship among its members.” Today Toastmasters International is the undisputed world leader in public speaking training, with over 13,000 clubs and more than 270,000 members. Formed in 1949, Kamehameha Toastmasters is one of Honolulu’s original and finest Toastmasters clubs.
The quality of your life is directly related to the quality of your communication.
Experienced professionals and beginners alike can benefit from our practical learning program.
Whether you’re speaking to the board of directors, your customers, your co-workers, or your kids, Kamehameha Toastmasters can help you to do it better!
You’ll learn to confidently speak in front of people, conduct meetings, manage a department or business, lead, delegate, and motivate. Kamehameha Toastmasters is committed to helping our members develop and improve their communication skills.
- We offer a nurturing and non-threatening environment that is conducive to individual learning and development.
- As your improved communication skills become obvious within the workplace, increased visibility, recognition and promotion will follow.
- Your improved skills will win you the respect and admiration of your friends, colleagues and employees – and make them wonder what you did to change!
- Leadership skills acquired through participation in Toastmasters will increase your management potential.
- As a Toastmaster you will acquire an increased ability to motivate and persuade, making you more effective as a supervisor or manager.
- Members of Toastmaster Clubs have access to a wide range of educational materials, including books, audio and videotapes, and seminar programs available at reduced cost through the Toastmasters International Supply Catalog.
How Kamehameha Toastmasters Meets Your Needs.
- Our self-paced programs allow you to progress as rapidly or gradually as your needs dictate.
- The hands-on Communication and Leadership program provides the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to progress.
- An atmosphere of professional camaraderie makes your Toastmasters Club a unique learning environment — informal, yet dedicated to learning.
- The Toastmasters program can be tailored to meet your personal objectives. Whether you desire improvement in prepared or impromptu speaking, greater skill in the use of visual aids, experience and knowledge is to be gained in the areas that most interest you.
The Toastmasters program is very cost effective, especially when compared to seminars charging hundreds or thousands of dollars per day. Dues are only $40 every six months. (There is a one-time $20 new member fee.)
How The Program Works.
The Toastmasters program exposes each participant to a wide range of communication experiences.
- Each new Toastmaster receives a New Member Kit. The kit features the basic Communication and Leadership manual, general orientation materials and information regarding skill improvement in areas such as speech evaluation and the use of gestures.
- The initial prepared speeches, as outlined in the basic Communication and Leadership program manual, are designed with the new Toastmaster in mind.
- A variety of assigned speeches help the participant develop competency in areas such as organization, voice inflection and persuasiveness.
- During the meeting’s Table Topics session, members learn to think on their feet by delivering short impromptu speeches, lasting one to two minutes.
- After giving a prepared speech, each Toastmaster receives a constructive speech evaluation. This process recognizes speakers for their strengths and provides valuable insight into problem areas.
- Upon completion of the basic Communication and Leadership program, Toastmasters may participate in the Advanced Communication and Leadership program. Participants may choose from specific business oriented topics such as Speeches by Management and Technical Presentations.
- Workshop style Success/Leadership programs are also available, offering opportunities for further skill development in areas such as leadership, public speaking and conducting business meetings. These programs are especially effective as in-house training and can be tailored to meet the needs of your company.